About Me

My photo
I came to the US, to make high-nutrient, disease-immune and easy to grow genetically engineered potato. Initially, I was concentrating on the science side, but eventually started to realize, that it is not only science that needs to be changed but also the 'system' where scientific innovation resides. After completing a doctoral degree in bioengineering and innovation management, I have ventured to study international management and international politics, as a means to study science policy. My eventual goal is to apply the science policy in developing nations, but I am now focusing to apply in Japan, where the country is in deep trouble, not being able to align the country with rapidly spreading globalization.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Evolution and Innovation

Evolution and Innovation (just wondered as I was looking at plants in Atlanta, as my friend was driving by)

Survival of the fittest is actually a natural method of testing out what is most creative and suitable to live in that environment. The survival of the fittest...the survival of the most creative that suits the living environment...

Perhaps the way nature 'creates' creativity is something we will refer back when we are stuck in coming up with creativity...something similar to biomimetics, but biomimetics of creativity.

--> But then again, we human will try to override the system and try to accelerate the natural process....and realize that the at the end, the natural process is better.

No comments: