About Me

My photo
I came to the US, to make high-nutrient, disease-immune and easy to grow genetically engineered potato. Initially, I was concentrating on the science side, but eventually started to realize, that it is not only science that needs to be changed but also the 'system' where scientific innovation resides. After completing a doctoral degree in bioengineering and innovation management, I have ventured to study international management and international politics, as a means to study science policy. My eventual goal is to apply the science policy in developing nations, but I am now focusing to apply in Japan, where the country is in deep trouble, not being able to align the country with rapidly spreading globalization.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Fourth Day in Atlanta-Active innovation

Fourth Day in Atlanta. Visiting a very old friend of mine, who still has some time before starting the job in Atlanta.

Relaxing days continued up until now, as if I don't have to worry at all about employment. Wake up without the sound of alarm, eat breakfast, accompany in the car to go shopping, eat lunch, exercise, cook dinner, read books and sleep. I guess it is an ideal way to live by? Not having have to worry too much about the future and just live the way one feels the happiest at that time... Everyday runs slow, and my friend and I are concentrating on what is immediately ahead of us, not worried anything about the future.
I guess we are "living in the moment" so to speak...but I guess it is not exactly the same.

Potentially there is living in the moment in "active form" and "passive form".
We are definitely living in a passive form at this moment; taking things in as they are.
It is easy to be in the passive form, brain-less, less stress on the body, I feel like I can even say that I can be more true to my body...perhaps true to my body over mind.
But I am missing some of the drive in the head..just as it was shown on the Cerebrex commercial just now on TV, when there is no 'movement' forward, I will just regress.
"Not acting on things is not only it is a failure, but also something that loses chances for a success"
--> I should always be actively seeking for self-actualization (Maslow)...the moment you stop trying, you will not only fail but also you will lose chances for subsequent success, just like how your muscles lose strength when you don't use them...if you don't use them, you can't lift 'heavy weights'.

So I guess I have to "live the moment" actively, or if I am to relate to innovation, I have to be innovating daily, hourly, minutely, secondly!! nano-secondly!  Just to get this to be part of be...restart of routenization.





No comments: