About Me

My photo
I came to the US, to make high-nutrient, disease-immune and easy to grow genetically engineered potato. Initially, I was concentrating on the science side, but eventually started to realize, that it is not only science that needs to be changed but also the 'system' where scientific innovation resides. After completing a doctoral degree in bioengineering and innovation management, I have ventured to study international management and international politics, as a means to study science policy. My eventual goal is to apply the science policy in developing nations, but I am now focusing to apply in Japan, where the country is in deep trouble, not being able to align the country with rapidly spreading globalization.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Waking up in the morning and Innovation

Innovation  and waking up in the morning.

Is there a specific time in the morning that is much more suited for having an epiphany?
In the old times in China, they have said that the places where you would likely have ideas are on the horse (while traveling), on the bed (while sleeping?) and in the bathroom (where your mind is somewhere else?).
Physiologically speaking, I have heard before that in the morning is probably the best because your mind is much more clear and can make decisions quickly (I have heard that melatonin will start to get secreted in the body after 13-15 hours of waking up, which will cause drowsiness). Some of the very busy businessman and woman have been making the comments on how the 2-3 hours after you wake up is the so-called, Golden Hour, where the productivity maxes out.

...perhaps I should wake up earlier and don't waste my Golden Hour teaching Japanese!

There has also been some studies where after 10pm, people will start to become more emotional and less logical. Innovative ideas definitely contains logical parts, where the final product has to have some value in the society in one form or the other...but emotional component..? I am not sure, I have to give that more of a thought.  If there is no emotional component to it...hmm..I felt like innovation had some 'cool/cold' image as a word in itself, with blueish color in my qualia.  Is it a ruthless, clear-cut thing...this term "innovation"..."emotion" and "innovation" may be something to look into for the next writing.

 

No comments: