About Me

My photo
I came to the US, to make high-nutrient, disease-immune and easy to grow genetically engineered potato. Initially, I was concentrating on the science side, but eventually started to realize, that it is not only science that needs to be changed but also the 'system' where scientific innovation resides. After completing a doctoral degree in bioengineering and innovation management, I have ventured to study international management and international politics, as a means to study science policy. My eventual goal is to apply the science policy in developing nations, but I am now focusing to apply in Japan, where the country is in deep trouble, not being able to align the country with rapidly spreading globalization.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

New Start to a routine

Numerous times I have failed to continue my blog sites...this will be a new start.

Speaking of a new start...a friend of mine gave me a book "The Art of Start" by Guy Kawasaki. He is an entrepreneur, we graduated with doctoral degree at the same time in engineering. It has already been two years. I decided to follow my passion of learning science policy, and attended school for two more years, where he turned his graduate research project into a company, and has learned a lot of the hand-on business startup skills through tests/failures in real life.

It is always difficult to 'start' something.
Just like moving anything, the initial 'push' is tough...once something gets rolling, momentum will help. I think 'momentum' in real-life is 'routinization'. Once something becomes a routine, you can keep on doing it, and you don't feel the challenge of doing it, because it becomes a habit. Once it becomes a habit, you will have difficult time to 'stop' it. I have read somewhere that in order for an activity to 'routenize', you need to continue for 21days. I will see if I can continue to update my blog for 21days.

20 days left.

No comments: